Organic Farming point of services & information
We set up Quality Management Systems for Certification Bodies and guide them through the process of Accreditation and where applicable Licensing as well. All QMS’s are “tailor made” addressing the needs and expectations of each Certification Body.
For Certification Bodies operating Product Certification Systems. Accreditation against EN 45011/ISO 65:
The EN 45011:1998 and ISO/IEC 65:1996 guides on product certification are excellent resource documents to give guidance on the appropriate issues to be addressed in the operation of product certification. These guides on product certification make it clear that there are various alternatives that may be selected and practiced, and while they prescribe conditions that must be fulfilled irrespective of the specific process selected in any given circumstance, they do not restrict to a specific system. These guides are most useful when they are used to assist in establishing a credible organization to fulfill the needs in circumstances in which need for and interest in third party product certification has been predetermined.
- EU Regulation 834/2007 & 889/2008 (European Regulation on Organic Production and Labelling of Organic Products)
- USDA NOP (United States Department of Agriculture – National Organic Program)
- NaTrue (Organic Cosmetics Certification Standard)
For Certification Bodies providing Audit and Certification of Management Systems: Accreditation against ISO 17021:
ISO/IEC 17021:2006 contains principles and requirements for the competence, consistency and impartiality of the audit and certification of management systems of all types (e.g. quality management systems or environmental management systems) and for bodies providing these activities. Certification of management systems is a third-party conformity assessment activity. Bodies performing this activity are therefore third-party conformity assessment bodies.
- ISO 22000:2005 (Food safety management systems — Requirements for any organization in the food chain)
- ISO 9001:2008 (Quality management systems — Requirements)
- AGRO 2.1 & 2.2 (National Integrated Management System for Agricultural Production)